What is Mommy Makeover operation?
A mommy makeover operation is a combination of surgical procedures designed to restore a woman's body after childbirth. The procedure typically involves a combination of procedures, such as breast augmentation, lift, tummy tuck, and liposuction.
Pregnancy and childbirth can cause significant changes to a woman's body, including stretching and weakening of the abdominal muscles, sagging breasts, and excess fat and skin in various areas. The mommy makeover procedure aims to address these concerns by targeting multiple areas of the body in a single surgery.
The specific procedures included in a mommy makeover will depend on each individual's needs and goals, as well as their surgeon's recommendations. It's important to note that while a mommy makeover can provide significant improvements, it's not a substitute for healthy lifestyle habits such as exercise and a balanced diet.
Who is suitable for mommy makeover operation?
Suitability for a mommy makeover operation is determined on a case-by-case basis, and it depends on several factors such as the patient's overall health, medical history, and aesthetic goals. However, in general, good candidates for a mommy makeover are healthy women who:
1. Have finished having children: The ideal candidate for a mommy makeover should be done having children, as future pregnancies can undo the results of the surgery.
2. Are close to their ideal weight: While a mommy makeover can remove excess skin and fat, it's not a weight loss surgery. Patients should have a stable weight and be close to their ideal weight before undergoing the procedure.
3. Have realistic expectations: Patients should have realistic expectations about what the surgery can achieve and understand that it's not a magical fix.
4. Are in good overall health: Patients should be in good physical and mental health, and not have any underlying medical conditions that could increase the risk of complications.
5. Are non-smokers: Smoking can increase the risk of complications during and after surgery, so patients should be non-smokers or willing to quit smoking for a certain period before and after the surgery.
It's important to consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon to determine if a mommy makeover is right for you and to discuss the specific procedures that can help you achieve your desired results.